Lemon Sunshine Zucchini Bundt Cake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 bundt cake
A sweet, buttery cake bursting with lemon and zucchini.
1 + 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
2 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
2 + 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon coarse salt
3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini - 8 ounces each)
3 large eggs
1 + 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons, just the yellow - not the pith
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 + 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 - 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
lemon zest to garnish the top, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 6-cup with butter and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater then wring out most but not all of the water by placing it in a towel and twisting it.
- Stir together the eggs and sugar, then stir in the melted butter, zucchini, vanilla, lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Transfer batter to the pan and bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer pan to a and let cool 15 minutes.
- Run a paring knife around the edges then turn out onto wire rack or cake dish and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled make the glaze by whisking the sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, add more if needed. The glaze should be thick but will run off the spoon when lifted.
- Top the cake with spoonfuls of glaze then sprinkle with lemon zest. Refrigerate leftovers.